The Duomo was built at the end of the thirteenth century on the site of an ancient paleo-Christian basilica, but was rebuilt many times in the centuries to follow. The pseudo-gothic facade is a renovation from the beginning of this century, as are the fifteenth-century doorways. A «Madonna with Child» by Tino di Camaino enriches the central doorway. The interior, divided into three naves with 110 Oriental and African granite columns, contains canvasses by Luca Giordano, Stefano Poggi and Aniello Falcone, and sculptures by Domenico Fontana, Lorenzo Vaccaro and Girolamo d?Auria. Of particular value is the Chapel of San Gennaro, from the seventeenth century, which was built after a vote was taken by the citizens during the terrible plague of the sixteenth century. This chapel conserves frescoes by Domenichino and sculptures by the Finelli. Also worth visiting is the Chapel of Santa Restituta, in the left nave. Originally a Christian basilica of the fourth century, it was rebuilt after the 1688 earthquake by Arcangelo Guglielmelli. To the back of the right nave is the Baptistery, originally from the fifth century, built on a square plan and containing precious mosaics.